If you operate a business with increasing data needs, you understand the importance of storing and protecting all of your valuable business data and resources. A storage area network (SAN) creates a shared pool of storage devices to move data among the various devices, allowing data sharing between different network servers, providing a fast connection medium for data backup and restoration, data archiving and data retrieval. While SAN devices are usually located closely in physical proximity, a SAN allows machines to be connected over long distances, making a SAN useful to large companies or those with multiple locations.
The benefits of SAN
- High return of investment (ROI) and a payback period that is equivalent to months instead of years.
- Centralized storage and reduced administrative overhead.
- Simplification of IT operations and reduced total IT expenditures.
- Expanded storage capacity, performance, and network bandwidth online without downtime.
- Increased availability and protected critical data sets.
- Consolidated storage assets across multiple Operating System environments.
2K builds enterprise-class SAN solutions using the Dell EqualLogic platform, creating a high-speed special-purpose network that interconnects various data storage devices with associated data servers on behalf of a larger network of users.