Feb 19 in 2K News Written by: 2K Networking
welivesecurity.com – Ransomware is malicious software that cyber criminals use to hold your computer or computer files for ransom, demanding payment from you to get them back. Sadly, ransomware is becoming an increasingly popular way for malware authors to extort money from companies and consumers alike. There is a variety of ransomware that can get onto a person’s machine, but as always, those techniques either boil down to social engineering tactics or using software vulnerabilities to silently install on a victim’s machine.
For more about this —>Click Here Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center Pays Hackers $17,000 Ransom
What can you do to protect your business against Ransomware?
1. Back up your data
2. Show hidden file-extensions
– Enable the ability to see the full file-extension of emails in order to pinpoint any Ransomware extensions (e.g. .PDF, .EXE)
3. Filter EXEs in email
4. Disable files running from AppData/LocalAppData folders
– Create rules within Windows to disable these files
5. Use the Cryptolocker Prevention Kit
6. Disable RDP (as much as possible)
– Remote Desktop Protocol allows others to access your desktop remotely
7. Patch or Update your software
8. Use a reputable security suite
– Talk with a 2K Team member to find out the right anti-malware software and firewall for your business
9. Disconnect from WiFi or unplug from the network immediately if infected
10. Use System Restore to get back to a known-clean state
11. Set the BIOS clock back
– The Cryptolocker Ransomware has a payment timer, requesting payment within a certain number of hours
See the full article at welivesecurity.com
Protect your valuable business data by contacting 2K Networking today!